How to Join the TweetChat
NOTE: To join the TweetChat, you must have a Twitter account.
If you don’t already have an account, follow these simple instructions to get started. Setting up your account should only take 1-2 minutes at the most.
If you do have an account on Twitter, you can skip to Step 2: Joining the TweetChat.
Step1: Signing up for Twitter
1. Open your browser to the URL https://www.twitter.com or click through now with the hyperlink given.
You should see this page. Complete your details in the lower box titled: New to Twitter and then click the yellow button: Sign up for Twitter.
2. The following window https://twitter.com/signup opens next. Complete the remaining account details and click the yellow button: Create my account.
3. Once your account is created, Twitter takes you to a setup page. Bypass this page by typing http://www.twitter.com in your browser. This takes you to your newly created Twitter home page. See below.
4. Note that Twitter sent you an email confirmation to activate your account. This confirmation was sent to the account with which you registered. Check that account now for the confirmation and activation.
Click the blue button: Confirm your account now. If you do not have HTML mail enabled, you will not see a blue button; rather a text hyperlink will be included in your email, which you should use to activate your account.
Your account is now activated. You are ready to participate in the TweetChat. Go to Step 2: Joining the TweetChat.
Step 2: Joining the TweetChat
Using the TweetChat platform provides several features that make it easier to participate in the event, including:
- The TweetChat platform automatically adds the #AHRQIX hashtag so you do not have to remember to type it in each of your tweets. This is important because other users will not see your tweets during the event unless you include the hashtag;
- The TweetChat platform automatically displays all participants tweets in real time, so you do not need to refresh your browser to view the most current content; and
- The TweetChat platform allows participants to retweet posts and reply to others directly.
Note: TweetChat does require users to authorize access to their Twitter accounts. If you do not wish to authorize access to TweetChat, you can still use your Twitter account to participate in the conversation. Be sure to include the #AHRQIX hashtag in your posts though and refresh your browser frequently.
1. On the date of the TweetChat, go to http://www.TweetChat.com , or launch your browser from the embedded hyperlink.
2. You should see the homepage for TweetChat. In the top search box, type #AHRQIX and click the black Go button. You should see the TweetChat window shown above. Click the black Sign In button to join.
3. You will see the following window asking you to allow TweetChat to authorize use of your Twitter account. If you would like to grant TweetChat authorization, choose Authorize app by clicking the blue button.
You have completed the process and are ready to participate. The following window will open and you are now able to participate in the TweetChat. If you have a question or comment, type it in the window provided and click the update button. You will be able to view all of the participants' questions and comments throughout the event.