These tools for physicians and clinicians provide information needed to improve adherence to clinical guidelines in electronic health record systems. This type of clinical decision support can improve health care quality and safety.
The rules and reminders are based on guidelines at both the national and State level, as well as local expert consensus.
Reminders available for download are:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, overdue for followup
- Anemia, overdue for screening
- Asthma, overdue for action plan review
- Asthma, overdue for influenza vaccination
- Chlamydia, due for screen
- Elevated lead, due for retesting
- Influenza, due for vaccination
- Lead, (Age = 3 years old), due for screening
- Lead, (Age= 2 years old), due for screening
- Lead, (Age= 9 to 12 months), due for screening
- Lead, (High risk area AND age= 4 years old), due for screening
- Obesity, (body mass index > 95%), overdue for weight check
- Obesity, (body mass index >95%), overdue for lipid profile
- Sickle cell anemia, due for influenza vaccine
Partners HealthCare System Quality Improvement Group
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Release Date: 01/2008
- Original Summary: 04/2010
Disclaimer: The inclusion of a tool in the Innovations Exchange does not constitute or imply an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality or Westat of the tool or of the submitter or developer of the tool.